Important Information if you are attending John Bishop:
Arriving at Portsmouth Guildhall
Please check your tickets for where you are seated and ensure you arrive with plenty of time for extra checks that are in place upon arrival. Please have your ticket ready to be scanned.
Door time: 7:00pm
Start time: 7:30pm
If you need to collect your tickets from Box Office please allow additional time or, if possible, please collect from our Box Office in advance. We are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Covid Safety Measures & Requirements
In order to attend you will need to demonstrate your COVID-19 status by providing either:
- Proof of a negative NHS PCR / Rapid Lateral Flow Test to be presented on arrival at the venue (such test to be taken 24 hours prior to attending the event at the venue); or
- Proof of full vaccination via the NHS app- both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue); or
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result).
Please be ready to show this to the venue on arrival
The following measures will also remain in place:
- Face Coverings – you will be strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at all times whilst in the venue, unless you are exempt from wearing one (please inform a member of our team on arrival). You may remove your face covering to eat or drink.
- Track & Trace – we will display track and trace QR posters for you to check in.
- Enhanced Sanitisation & Cleaning – we will carry out enhanced cleaning procedures and ask that you sanitise your hands on entry and regularly throughout your visit at the sanitisation points provided.
Please do not come to the venue if you may be infected with Covid-19, are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been instructed to self-isolate. Please contact your point of ticket purchase.
Whilst we know that many of you can’t wait to be enjoying shows on our stage once more, we also know that some might be feeling a bit more apprehensive, so we ask everyone to please be kind, be thoughtful and consider the person sitting or standing next to you and our team.
Alcoholic refreshments will be available from 60 minutes before the show start time. Please note we are a cashless venue.
Getting to Us
Please note that there is very limited on-street parking outside Portsmouth Guildhall. The Isambard Brunel multi-storey car park is only 200 metres from our venue. If you are attending a show here you can buy an exit ticket from our Box Office for £4.50, valid from 6pm until midnight.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Portsmouth Guildhall!
John is very much looking forward to this new adventure, this will be his eighth stand up show and its shaping up to be his best yet!! John can’t wait to be back on the road again.
John has achieved huge success with a number of his own comedy, entertainment and documentary shows including ‘John Bishop’s Australia’ (BBC1), ‘John Bishop’s Britain’ (BBC1);‘John Bishop’s Only Joking’ (Sky1); ‘The John Bishop Show’ (BBC1); ‘The John Bishop Christmas Show’ (BBC1) and ‘John Bishop’s Gorilla Adventure’ (ITV1). More recently ‘John Bishop’s Ireland’ for ITV1 and four series of ‘John Bishop: In Conversation With…’ which sees him chatting, one to one with some of the UK’s biggest names. John has also hosted The Royal Variety Performance.
Add Pre-Show Dining or a Hospitality Package with your tickets at the time of booking or add here at any time!
(up to 24 hours before show, subject to availability).
‘Winging It is two hours of observational humour delivered so skilfully it looks effortless’
Bishop has funny bones
‘His Supersonic show easily confirms that John Bishop has finally taken on the mantle of Britain’s top comic’
Discounted parking tickets are available online or at the box office.
No flash photography or iPads are allowed.
Kindly note the advertised price includes a booking fee (BF) of 13%.
No externally bought drinks or any liquids - only certain food will be allowed. See our house rules for more information.
All events at Portsmouth Guildhall include a ticket restoration levy.
See our house rules.
Find out the location of your seat.
Pre-order your drinks online or via our app and simply pick them up from your designated collection point.
You can add this option during purchase at TicketMaster or by calling the Box Office