Dance Live! is a brand-new annual dance event for schools and colleges brought to you by The Guildhall Trust.
Embracing an ever-evolving digital world and how this is changing the face of modern performance, Dance Live! will see schools and colleges able to compete with choreographed routines to the backdrop of a giant digital screen with pupils showcasing a range of skills from dance, performance and off-stage technical skills to creative design.
With a focus on raising aspirations and developing skills for creative career choices, Dance Live! will deliver a range of supportive workshop opportunities for schools.
- Open to all children in Key Stages 2 – 5 (Junior School to College/Sixth Form)
- Open to schools in all surrounding counties
- Dates for Dance Live! are:
Heats – w/c 10th February 2020
Finals – w/c 20th April 2020
- Fee for each participant is £12
- Expressions of interest must be received by 6pm, Friday 25th October 2019 for your school to participate in Dance Live! 2020.
- Schools are asked to create a 5 – 7 minute dance performance which should be imaginative with a strong narrative thread.
- A large LED screen will be provided at the back of the stage allowing pupils to create imaginative backdrops and engage with modern production techniques, eliminating the need to build and transport heavy set.
- Each school will be offered a free in-school workshop to help deliver and enhance their performance. Workshops will be available in early December and early January.
- Those who don’t dance are strongly encouraged to get involved! This might include prop making, minor set construction, storyboarding and graphic design. Schools are also asked to provide pupils as Assistant Stage Manager, Sound and Lighting Technicians and Operators for visual content who will all be trained and developed through their participation.
- Full information packs with further details on event format, when tickets will be on sale and payment deadlines will be available and sent out to schools who express their interest shortly after half term.
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com