Apply for a grant
To apply for a grant, please read the below information and then complete our Application Form
How much can I apply for?
From £250 to £1,000
Do I need to match fund?
Schools are encouraged to contribute financially.
Who is eligible?
- You do not necessarily need to be a school to apply for funding, it can be an artist or organisation.
- Delivery needs to be working with a school/s with a PO postcode.
- Projects can take place in and/out of school settings. Applications are required to meet aims set out below.
- Artists or organisations working with NEET Young People (Not in Employment, Education or Training) can also apply.
- The event must take place within one year of receipt of award.
- Only one grant per financial year can be held.
What are the Criteria for projects?
Your project must aim to make improvements to the quality and sustainability of the arts offer within school/schools.
Your project must seek to develop at least two of the following areas:
- Young people’s academic achievements e.g. projects incorporating Arts Award will be looked upon favourably.
- Young people’s well-being or soft-skills development
- Young people’s cultural development
- Increased access to arts and cultural provision. This could be through working with a specific group of young people usually excluded from provision.
- Develop staff confidence and ability at utilising arts within the school setting.
You must be committed to completing the evaluation form which demonstrates project outcomes.
Are there restrictions to what I can apply for?
What you can apply for:
Production costs e.g. materials, equipment costs
Artist/ facilitator fees
School transport costs
What you can’t apply for:
Projects which have already started or taken place
Events intended to raise funds for non‐arts causes
Requests to pay off loans or deficits
How do I apply:
Complete the Application Form and send:
By Post: FAO Hayley Reay, Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth, PO1 2AB
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , referencing ‘Hornpipe Arts for Schools, Small Grants Scheme’
The deadline for the next round of the scheme is as follows:
No later than 5pm Monday 23rd November 2020
You will be notified within 3 weeks of the closing date of each round if your application has been successful.
In some instances we may not be able to meet the entire request but may be able to offer a contribution. Please note, we only have a limited amount of money available each quarter and are not able to fund every application we receive. Due to limited resources we are not able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications but encourage people to not be deterred from applying again in the future.